Leave No Trace Ireland is governed by a Board of Directors and by the terms of the organisation’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. Leave No Trace Ireland is a non-profit company limited by guarantee (CRO: 465628). Our registered charity number is 20082178 and charity number (CHY: 20657).
For the current Strategic Plan period (2016-2021), Leave No Trace Ireland has adopted the following priorities:
- To provide informed and enjoyable educational programmes on responsible and sustainable outdoor recreation throughout the island of Ireland.
- To undertake, collate and publish research that underpins and informs our education programme which will inform our decision and policy making in outdoor recreation.
- To be the first port of call for statutory and non-government organisations interested in responsible and sustainable outdoor recreation.
- To be financially sustainable, administratively effective and meet relevant codes of good governance for charities on the island of Ireland.
- To provide a range of high-quality services for partners, volunteers and supporters to facilitate informed and enthusiastic communication of the Leave No Trace message through a robust, self-sustaining and comprehensive network.
The Board agree the strategic direction of the organisation and the CEO and staff team deliver it. You can read more about Leave No Trace Ireland staff and our current Board on this website and download our Strategic Plan on this page.
There are three subgroups of the Board, namely the Education and Research Group, Corporate Governance Group and the Communications and Engagement Group.