Leave No Trace Ireland is Hiring: Communications Officer
Published on Wednesday 8th November
Applications open from the 8th November 2023 until 5pm on the 30th November 2023
Job Title: Communications Officer
- Contract type: 1 year
- Reporting To: CEO
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: €35,000
- Duration: 1 year
- Location: Westport
Promote our purpose and brand, run all digital marketing activities to engage, attract, and advocate for Leave No Trace education across the island of Ireland.
Leave No Trace Ireland has a requirement to hire a Communications Officer who will be at the heart of promoting our purpose and brand coordinating all marketing activities to engage, attract, and advocate for Leave No Trace education.
We are looking for a creative marketeer and content writer who is passionate about Leave No Trace Ireland. You will have a breadth of creative marketing and communications experience using digital to enhance your reach, message, and engagement. You will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamwork abilities.
You will be a self-starter and happy to be both a thinker and a doer!
Communication and Teamwork
You will hold excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work collaboratively across the Leave No Trace Ireland team to build, enhance, and support our marketing, communications, and event offerings.
Flexibility and Versatility
You will be able to plan and manage multiple projects and deadlines with persistence and drive for results. Some travel maybe be required to support the work.
Innovation and Creativity
You will be naturally creative, enjoy idea generation and demonstrate innovative and strategic thinking in the engagement and outreach campaigns you run, alongside ensuring quality implementation.
- A degree or level 9 equivalent (In accordance with the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)) in a relevant discipline is preferred e.g., communications, digital marketing, PR etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in web content management (i.e., WordPress) and e-marketing initiatives (i.e., Constant Contact, Survey Monkey).
- Proficient in Adobe Design suite (ideally Photoshop, InDesign) with ability to produce professional, marketing collateral for print and online.
- Strong strategic understanding of digital communications, social media and email marketing as tools for promotion and engagement.
- Experience utilising CRM systems and email marketing tools to manage and track marketing/communications campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) and google analytics, and the use of metrics to inform campaign strategy and planning.
- Proven excellence in content writing and creation for various channels and audiences including articles, blogs, social media, talks, presentations etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage workload to tight deadlines.
- Desktop publishing, graphic design, and video editing skills advantageous.
Website and Social Media Channels
- Manage and oversee website content production and administration including the planning and creation of regular and engaging content for Leave No Trace blog.
- Develop and manage monthly multi-channel social media calendar to achieve organisational objectives and grow Leave No Trace Ireland’s online community across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Prepare and present monthly analytics reports on Leave No Trace online engagement.
- Support content creation for digital campaigns and annual events
- Design and implement digital engagement campaigns for key stakeholders to include campaign strategy, messaging, design, planning and implementation.
- Use analytics to review and inform campaign strategy and planning both during and post campaigns to measure effectiveness.
Build, develop, and promote the Leave No Trace Ireland brand amongst key stakeholders
- Grow and increase Leave No Trace Ireland’s brand awareness within youth, education, public, government and corporate sectors.
- Identify opportunities to promote Leave No Trace Ireland’s brand amongst new and existing target markets.
- Create engaging digital content to tell the Leave No Trace story to existing and new target audiences.
- Share engaging partner-specific communications and content to increase partner engagement and experience.
Recruitment and Sales of Leave No Trace Members
- Develop digital marketing to support recruitment and uptake of LNT educational offerings for new members.
- Develop lead generation digital campaigns to support recruitment efforts.
- Develop and create engaging content to support campaign outreach.
Leave No Trace Ireland is a not-for-profit company made up of member organisations with a shared interest in encouraging responsible enjoyment of Ireland’s natural environment. The Leave No Trace programme promotes and inspires responsible outdoor recreation through education, research, partnerships and volunteerism throughout the island of Ireland. Visit www.leavenotraceireland.org for more details.
To apply or this role, please email [email protected] with your CV and cover letter.
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday, November 30th, 2023