Leave No Trace Ireland in partnership with An Chomhairle um Oideachas Gaeltachta agus Gaelscolaíochta (COGG) and Conradh na Gaeilge are proud to offer new Irish language educational resources on the Leave No Trace Website.
Leave No Trace Ireland is the national countryside code for promoting responsible outdoor recreation across the whole of Ireland. It is part of our mission to make Leave No Trace Ireland education programmes and resources accessible for all people who use the natural environment for recreation. The new Irish language resources will allow our dedicated Ná Fág Aon Lorg Eireann trainers to deliver courses entirely As Gaeilge to communities and youth groups across the Gaeltacht and Ireland as a whole. All resources As Gaeilge can be found here.
Maura Kiely, CEO of Leave No Trace Ireland, commended the project saying “It is now more important than ever that the Leave No Trace Ireland ethos is spread to as many communities as possible. The safeguarding and promotion of our Irish cultural heritage can enhance the appreciation of the natural environment. The new Irish Leave No Trace resources will help instil ownership for communities across Ireland.”
The newly translated resources include;
- The Leave No Trace Ireland skills and ethics booklets.
- The recently developed skills and ethics activity leaflets for walking, cycling, events, and community groups.
- Travel and Camp information leaflets.
- Enjoying the outdoors with your dog.
- A translated version of the litter breakdown activity.
- Information on access to recreation in Ireland.
- The Leave No Trace Ireland schools poster.
- The Leave No Trace Ireland principles.
- Leave No Trace Ireland Tech Tips.
These resources are all available on our website, we are proud to have achieved this significant milestone, and we aim to further develop online resources that can be available in both Irish and English.
Maura Kiely at Leave No Trace Ireland – [email protected] / +353 1 905 9009 / 087 9005683
Leave No Trace Ireland is Ireland’s only outdoor ethics programme, which promotes the responsible use of the outdoors. Through education, research and partnerships, Leave No Trace Ireland enables and supports individuals, communities, organisations, and companies in reducing the environmental impact of outdoor activities.