The EU commission Sports Unit, Directorate General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture and the European Network of Outdoor Sports (ENOS) will organise the workshop ‘Promoting Greener Sports in our Region’ during the the 18th Week of Regions and Cities.
The European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegionsWeek) is the biggest annual Brussels-based event dedicated to regional policy. The event has grown to become a unique communication and networking platform, bringing together regions and cities from all over Europe, including their political representatives, officials, as well as experts and academics. Over the last 17 years, it has done much to promote policy learning and exchange of good practices. This year, the event is spread out over three weeks from the 5th of October till the 22nd of October.
The #EURegionsWeek events aim to discuss challenges European regions and cities face, as well as exchange ideas on possible solutions by bringing together political representatives, decision-makers, stakeholders, experts and practitioners of regional policy. It provides a platform for capacity-building and the exchange of experiences and best practices throughout the EU.
- Antoaneta Angelova-Krasteva, Director for Innovation, International Cooperation and Sport, Directorate General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission, Belgium.
- Viola Von Cramon-Taubadel, Member of the European Parliament, European Parliament, Belgium.
- Guglielmo Di Cola, Member of Cabinet, European Commissioner Gabriel for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth, Belgium.
- Mike McClure, Chairman, European Network of Outdoor Sports, Belgium.
- Pauline Gessant, European Affairs Officer, Minister of Sport, France, France.
- Thomas Larssen Schmidt, President, International Mountain Bicycling Association Europe, Netherlands.
- Pedro Móia, Policy Assistant, Cabinet of European Commissioner Ferreira for Cohesion and Reforms, Belgium.
- Karl-Erik Nilsson, First Vice-President, Union of European Football Associations, Switzerland.
- Kairis Ulp, Policy Officer, Sport Unit, Directorate General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission, Belgium.
- Liisa Kajala, Senior advisor, Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland, Finland.
- John Bøgelund Frederiksen, Culture and Citizen Service Manager, Silkeborg Municipality, Denmark, Denmark.
The registration is open until September 27th. The number of participants is limited.To join, you need to create a EU login account, which requires a two step verification. You can find a guide here.
Free event. Click here to register