30TH September- 1st October 2013
Leave No Trace is a not-for-profit company made up of organisations with a shared interest in encouraging responsible enjoyment of Ireland’s natural environment. The Leave No Trace education programme strives to inform those who enjoy outdoor activities of their personal responsibility to minimize their impact on the environment and other people though awareness and by practicing some simple techniques.
The course is limited to 12 participants who will be selected based on their completed applications and the criteria below:
- Must have completed a Leave No Trace Trainer course
- Be actively teaching The Leave No Trace message
- Hold a current first aid certificate
- Competent to lead at least one outdoor activity (e.g. Mountain Leader, Kayak Coach)
- Committed to assisting on at least one Leave No Trace Trainers course in 2014.
- Motivated and prepared to contribute to the development of the Leave No Trace Ireland Education programme