Webinar -exploring the wonder of nature and solace of nature and how Leave No Trace skills can help protect it.
This event is not open to the public
Staff from Janssen Sciences Ireland UC offices will be joining online to engage in a webinar with Ecologist and Leave No Trace trainer Dr. Karina Dingerkus.
Leave No Trace is an Outdoor Ethics Education Programme designed to promote and inspire responsible outdoor recreation through education, research, and partnerships. As a result of Covid-19 more people than ever are taking time to enjoy Ireland’s outdoors and return to nature. However, with the surge in outdoor users, often to the same well-known places, overcrowding, degradation, parking issues and increased littering are just some of the impacts being felt across Ireland. From our balconies and gardens to our woodlands, national parks and beyond, the Leave No Trace webinar explores the wonder and the solace of nature, and the ways in which we can connect with it – and protect it.
Leave No Trace Ireland seeks to address these impacts through teaching techniques designed to minimise environmental and social impacts in these areas and connect people with nature.
This webinar will
- introduce Leave No Trace Ireland and our work that we do throughout the island
- explore the importance of bringing people back to nature for their wellbeing in particular during a pandemic.
- outline how Leave No Trace helps people understand how their decisions and actions affect the outdoor environment
- build knowledge and skills necessary to address complex environmental issues, as well as ways we can take action to keep our environment healthy and sustainable for the future.
- tips for noticing and protecting local biodiversity.