Protecting the Planet through Meaningful Membership
Leave No Trace Ireland is an Outdoor Ethics Education Programme designed to promote and inspire responsible outdoor recreation. We do this through education, research and partnerships. As increasing numbers of people seek the beauty and exhilaration of outdoor travel and recreation, our collective mark on the environment and its natural processes increases. One of the ways people can become part of and learn more about Leave No Trace, is by becoming one of our members.
When you become a member of Leave No Trace Ireland, you are not only supporting the Leave No Trace programme, but are actively contributing to the protection of Ireland’s shared outdoor spaces. You will also be joining more than 500 like-minded individuals and organisations in promoting responsible outdoor recreation across Ireland!
Kinds of membership
Whether you’re looking to join individually, as a community group, as a corporate, or as any other kind of group or organisation, we have a range of membership levels to suit you or your group. When you sign up you’ll have access to your official welcome pack through your online login and receive online resources, free advice on applying the Leave No Trace principles, as well as many other benefits tailored to each kind of membership.
The support of our members has allowed us to achieve
- We were awarded winners of The Wheel’s national Charity Impact Awards for medium organisations in 2021!
- We were also awarded the “Most impactful NGO” by the Business Allstar Foundation
- We actively engaged in the development of the new Outdoor Recreation Strategy for Ireland with other key stakeholders through Comhairle na Tuaithe, the Countryside Council
- Leave No Trace, with the National Parks and Wildlife Service and Munster Technological University, have developed the Certificate of Nature Animation, a special purpose award (level 6) educational programme. Our first cohort of graduates are already spreading their wings, with our second year of students underway.
- We are partners in the Go Green project: “GoGreen – Local Action for the EU Green Deal” is a European Erasmus project and has six partner institutions from across the continent. We are working to help educate policymakers and consultants who are engaged in implementing the EU Green Deal at a local level.
- We’ve launched our new Introduction to Leave No Trace Ireland Online Course
- This year, as part of the EU wide SEE Project, we’re working to provide support to increase the competency of outdoor sports instructors, leaders and guides in sustainability and environmental education. Our recent report focuses on Outdoor Recreation across Protected Areas, as well as a wealth of accessible data and research on the SEE Project Website.
Throughout the year we run a variety of outdoor education courses: from our 1-day awareness workshops, to our 5-day Advanced Trainer Course, there is something for everyone no matter what level you are at. By advancing on to become a Leave No Trace Ireland Trainer, you can help educate and engage others in responsible outdoor behaviour. This year, we have a new Training and Events Calendar that makes it easy to find and sign up for any of our upcoming events!
We are making a difference across Ireland. Come join us! Visit our membership page for more information here.