As part of a new RTEjr series entitled ‘Bush Kids’, award-winning production company GMarshTV are looking for a budding presenter who has experience of the outdoors. “We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, loves working with children, likes to play and get muddy and knows how to survive in the wild. We are looking for someone who will be confident and engaging in front of the camera, who has a passion for the outdoors and experience working with young children,” says Gillian Marsh.
The Bear Grylls of the kids’ world will take the Bush Kids AGED 6 TO 11 out into the wilds to learn how to camp and survive, experience nature and get young children away from screens and back to nature. Three siblings or extended family members aged between 6 and11 years, accompanied by one parent/guardian per group, will spend three days in the wild. Four different family teams will each take on different habitats, including forests and rivers, the mountains and boglands, and the beaches and islands.
Filming will take place across Ireland between May and September for a total of 20 days, with possible additional filming and prep days as required.
- The role is not gender specific
- The successful applicant will go through Garda vetting once the offer has been made
- Only apply if you are over the age of 18
- The role is open to anyone who has experience working in the outdoors or who has trained in outdoor education
Closing Date to apply is Saturday 1st May at 12pm
Those interested in taking part as the presenter, please follow the audition requirements as set out below:
- Record a 3-5 min video featuring yourself. Make sure to show us on camera why you would be a great contender for the role, briefly tell us about yourself, show us one outdoor skill and keep us engaged. If you have young family members lets see you having fun with them and possibly show them a survival skill
- Make sure to include your name and contact details at the start of each video.
- Send on the latest copy of your CV
- A headshot photo (no hats or sunglasses please)
Send your video, CV and headshot to [email protected], with a brief cover letter in the body of the email. If you are having difficulty sending the video via email, please send it via WeTransfer.