Successful ERASMUS+ projects have been announced by the European Commission.
Leave No Trace Ireland are proud to announce we have been appointed the lead on a large collaborative partnership project under the EU Erasmus+ Programme for Sport titled – SEE – Sustainability and Environmental Education in outdoor sports which has been awarded funding in 2020.
The SEE project aims to increase outdoor sports participation and enhance the protection of natural landscapes through education on responsible outdoor behaviours. This will be achieved through a robust methodology that will analyse the current situation in sustainability and environmental education bringing together outdoor sports professionals and conservation organisations.
The collaborative partnership is comprised of 10 organisations from 9 countries. Our partners include
- Sport Northern Ireland
- Technical University Munich
- National Resource Centre for Expertise and Sport Performance of Rhone Alpes
- International Mountain Bicycling Association Europe
- National Institute of Physical Education of Catalonia
- Surf Club Viana
- Mountaineering Association Tara
- Europarc Federation
This project is funded under the Sport Chapter of the EU Erasmus+ Programme.