WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The competition is open to primary school children throughout Ireland. Photos and artwork will be based on the following age groups: The prizes are for individual entries and will be categorized by age: (5-7) (8-10) (11-12).
CLOSING DATE: Start sending in your photos from the 20th May until the 21st June 2021. Each week a shortlist of photos will be selected and posted on the Explorers Education social media Facebook: @ExplorersMarineEducation and Twitter @explorersedu
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- TAKE AN AMAZING PHOTO OF YOUR FAVOURITE MARINE ANIMAL, SEAWEED OR PLANT ON AN IRISH SEASHORE: Use your imagination and curiosity to capture the seashore moment. If you can’t take a photo …DOWNLOAD ONE OF OUR EXPLORERS ART SHEETS& GET CREATIVE: Using paints, markers, or fabrics and fibres, show us what you love about the seashore.
- WRITE A SHORT CAPTION FOR THE PHOTO OR ARTWORK: Explain why you are Wild about Wildlife on the seashore in your county.
- EMAIL your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT: EXPLORERS PHOTO/ART COMPETITION JUNE 2021
ENTRY DETAILS WITH THE PHOTO / ART
- Name of child
- Name of Teacher
- School Name
- Parents name and contact details.
AMAZING PRIZES: Thanks to the Explorers outreach team, we are very excited to provide lots of amazing prizes:
- Surf lessons in Waterford with the Oceanics Surf School
- Outdoor excursions in Donegal, Sligo, Mayo with Leave No Trace
- Seashore explorations with Sea Synergy in Kerry
- Shark activity packs from Marine Dimensions
- Family pass to Galway Atlantaquaria
- Family pass to Waterworks-Lifetime Lab in Cork
- as well as some of our favourite seashore and ocean books and posters from the Explorers Education Programme.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZE WINNERS: At the end of June the final prize winners will be selected and the representing teacher or parent will be contacted directly by the Explorers Education Programme management team.