It’s that time of year again – the National Spring Clean!
The National Spring Clean is running for the month of April, and encourages every sector of society to actively participate and take responsibility for litter, by conducting clean ups in their own local environment.
The goals of the programme
- Encourage clean-ups throughout the whole month of April
- Galvanise the practices of recycling and re-use where possible
- Increase the number of events and participants
- Promote personal responsibility for litter
- Heighten awareness of litter and waste issues
What The National Spring Clean Has Achieved:
In 1999, 1,732 clean-up events were registered with An Taisce and an estimated 155,000 people took part in these events.
In 2021, 5,543 groups registered to carry out clean-ups throughout the country and collected an estimated 3,000 tonnes of litter.
Find out more
An Taisce’s National Spring Clean, Ireland’s nationwide anti-litter campaign, has a host of resources online such as:
- How to organise a Spring Clean
- What to do with the disposal of the collected waste
- And their #2MinuteStreetClean
You can register for the spring clean here and have a kit posted out to you!
Leave No Trace supports this fantastic programme as it promotes responsible outdoor recreation, personal responsibility when outdoors, and encourages people to plan ahead and prepare before heading out.