Leave No Trace are delighted to partner with Clean Coasts this year for two category awards in The Outsider Awards 2018. The Eco-Hero Award and the Eco Group Award will celebrate individuals and groups who have dedicated time and effort to make a positive impact on our environment.
The Eco-Hero Award is new for 2018. It recognises individuals that have taken environmental action within their chosen sport or outdoor pursuit and encouraged others to follow their example. The main elements which will be considered by the judges are as follows:
– Individual promoted environmental ethos in their area of outdoor activity, recreation or sport
– Individual has adopted an environmental/Leave No Trace ethos
– Individual has promoted environmental actions of others and/or engaged in community group work
– Individual is considered a role model or leader within the field
The Eco Group Award –recognises efforts made by communities (this includes community groups, sporting groups, business etc) that have made outstanding efforts in 2018 to improve their local environment. The award recognises environmental efforts taken by the community can take on any form that has improved its region, including tidy towns efforts, area cleanups, promotion of environmental messaging, adoption of environmental practices etc. The main criteria which will be considered by the judges are:
– Community ethos
– Environmental action taken
– Originality of approach
– Impact of group action on wider community
Do you know a person or organisation that is dedicated to making a positive impact on our environment?
If so, we would love you to nominate them for the Outsider Magazine Eco Hero Award with @LeaveNoTraceIrl and @CleanCoasts at this year's #OutsiderAwards.
EMAIL YOUR NOMINATIONS TO OUTSIDERAWARDS@OUTSIDER.IE